The Central Coast Olive Growers (CCOG) membership is comprised of growers and/or producers of olives, products made from olives and individuals who provide services to or support the olive oil industry. The objectives of the group are:
- To educate its members regarding the growing of olives and the production of olive products
- To influence governmental (local, state and federal) and public policy that affects the olive oil industry
- To provide a forum for its members to exchange ideas and information on the growing of olives and production of olive products.
- To promote/advertise the olive industry on the Central Coast of California.
- To provide its members information regarding current events, developments and research related to the olive industry.
- To educate the public of the positive attributes and benefits of olives and olive products.
Our Guiding Principles
- Growers strive to produce the highest quality olive oil, table olives or other olive oil derived products;
- Producers carry product liability insurance;
- Producers engaged in retail sales have a system to identify and remove from sale oil that is older than two years from the harvest date;
- Producers have a (lot numbering) system to identify the oil sold under their label as to the date of harves, location of orchard, processor, storage location and bottling facility;
- Producers comply with laws and best practices to be good stewards of the land;
- Producers who bottle, blend and/or store olive oil do so in only state inspected facilities and maintain their Processed Food registrations;
- Commercial growers register with the Regional Water Quality Control Board and comply with their Agricultural Order;
- Producers who sell their product to other retailers have a Food Facility Registration with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration;
- Producers who hire labor other than family do so through licensed labor contractors, or provide Workers' Compensation insurance for their employees;
- Producers ensure that hired labor have fresh drinking water, toilets, hand washing stations, shade for break periods, and appropriate meal and rest periods.
Are you an Olive grower in the Central Coast of California? We welcome you to join CCOG. A great group of knowledgeable folks who are willing to assist you with growing, county rules and ordinances, the sale of Olives and associated Olive products and much more.